Northeast Delta Dental wants to help you keep your personal information safe. Scammers try to copy email and text messages from legitimate companies to trick you into entering personal information and passwords. Never follow links or open attachments in suspicious or unsolicited messages. Northeast Delta Dental will never ask for your sensitive information in an unsolicited email, text, or phone call.
These signs can help you identify phishing scams:
- The sender's email address or phone number doesn't match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
- Your email address or phone number is different from the one that you gave that company.
- The message starts with a generic greeting, like "Dear customer." Most legitimate companies will include your name in their messages to you.
- A link appears to be legitimate but takes you to a website whose URL doesn't match the address of the company's website.
- The message looks significantly different from other messages that you've received from the company.
- The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment and/or attempts to create a false sense of urgency.