Break up your breakfast routine! Pair your egg with a creamy and tasty baked avocado.
Together, avocados and eggs provide a protein-packed start to your day. They’re full of vitamins C and D, potassium and phosphorus for strong teeth and healthy gums.
1 large ripe but firm avocado, at room temperature
2 medium eggs
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise.
4. Remove the avocado pit and enough flesh to make a cavity for the egg.
5. Season the avocado halves using half the kosher salt and black pepper.
6. Place in the baking dish.
7. Pour an egg into each avocado half.
8. Bake about 15 minutes, until the egg whites are set.
9. Season with the remaining kosher salt and black pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley.